Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Misadventures of Bean


With the addition of Bean into our lives I thought it would be good to catalog our events and show some photographs of his misdoings. I think the best place to start is why we even got him. The weekend before we adopted him we almost got a Newfoundland puppy. A co-worker of ours had gracefully given us the option to have him bring one back from Nebraska. We sat after work and after about an hour of talking we decided we wanted the puppy. Only.. we weren't sure that my landlord would agree with me adding a 180 pound to his complex was a good idea. We couldn't get a hold of him... and we had to turn down the offer of a puppy. We were both really disappointed... and both got on the internet to find a new puppy to adopt! I've always wanted a Bernese dog so I typed it in in petfinder and up came our Bean. Jayme wanted a smaller dog... but I convinced her that we needed to meet this dog.

We met him at the shelter in Jerseyville, IL about an hour north of where we live. After going up and meeting him... and more talking... and me prodding Jayme into thinking that he was going to be cute, cuddly, and well-behaved (we'll see if I pay up on that promise). So here are few photos that commerate that day and it's tiny journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment