Wednesday, July 14, 2010

There will never be another one quite like you...



Yesterday was a very rough day. Jayme and I had to put Whicket down. He stopped eating and wasn't responding to Jayme or I unless we forced him up... he lost what little energy he had.
He missed his dad, he knew that it was his time.
Whicket was a special little guy. He had the fire of a giant in his little heart. We shared something, Whicket and I. We both had little holes in our hearts and we both never let it stop us from living our lives to the fullest. For some reason that tiny little similarity of him and I made it a little extra special for me. There will never be a dog that can curl up next to me and put his tiny tiny little paws on my belly and head on my shoulder and fall asleep and make me forget how angry I was at him like he could.
The adventures that dog had been on could make some people cringe and others wonder how he ever made it to the ripe old age of 15 1/2 (maybe older) years of age. I'm sure there will never be another Whicket in the world. We all know how individual and wonderful our pets can become, but he really was a unique old guy. Even in the short month that we got to be Uncle Jon and Aunt Jayme to him he quickly became ours. For all the headaches and vet bills we tried getting him to be okay it was 100% worth it....We know now where he is at now he is happy.

Whicket, our house will never be the same without you little guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment